Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fresh Goodies!!

Today's CSA share gave me some beautiful radishes, butter lettuce the size of my head, huge dark leafy spinach, and a baggie of arugula. Zips investigated the greens and immediately started munching on the butter lettuce!

zips investigatesWe made a delicioso salad with the greens and I had to keep Zips from licking the dressing from the bottom of the bowl.

before... ...after
Last week we received a new green, "Jericho" lettuce, that was "gi-normous," some baby radishes, kale, and Swiss chard. I whipped up some Swiss chard with raisins, lemon zest, and pine nuts.

We'll take photos from the garden soon. Our own mesclun mix and baby radishes are starting to grow up. We've got baby edamame popping through the soil too. I'm still holding my breath for my red and green shiso and all the other herbs we planted from seed. I can't wait until I can make tabouleh entirely from our own garden!

2 comments:

Dr. J said...

Your blog is beautiful. I especially enjoy the pictures of Zips.

Z said...

Thanks. She's my baby.

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog