Sunday, September 9, 2007

Favorite Albuquerque Eats

Okay, first on my list is a hole in the wall called Yasmine's Cafe. I got excited when my staunchly non-vegetarian father volunteered this Mediterranean cafe (he's a hot dogs and steaks kind of guy), that apparantly he frequents. I had high hopes for veg-friendly foods, but settled for this arabic salad and lentil soup (both were just okay, but nice to look at).


But the Manzana Lift! is what got me through it! A carbonated, caffeinated apple flavored soft drink. GENIUS! God bless Mexico!
My hands-down favorite place to eat in Albuquerque is the Flying Star Cafe.
My family ate there twice in the week that I visited. I really needed a third time because I missed out on their eclairs.

They have an excellent vegetarian sandwich called the Californian with grilled mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, avocado and swiss cheese:
My mom (a mostly-sometimes-vegetarian) opted for a pasta pomodoro with the soy "chicken" patty. It was super tasty!
I had to explain to my parents and their friends whenever I whipped out my camera at the dinner table... "It's for my BLOG," just before everyone dug in.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog