Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What Not

Doing research on our upcoming move, I am excited for potential day trips from our new abode (or should I say adobe?). There's a Turquoise Trail (National Scenic Byway) that runs through parts of New Mexico, off of the interstate, that is peppered with historical sites, little rustic shops, and artist colonies.

We just have to get through this week of classes, and grade. I also have to write my dissertation prospectus and defend it. I met with my delightful committee chair today, and she told me that on the day they turned in their grade for my prelim exam, the members of my committee each asked her when the prospectus defense would be. She said that everyone is really looking forward to reading my project! This is, of course, amazing for me to hear, but also incredibly daunting!

Zipper and the others are looking forward to class being out. She gives me the most extraordinary guilt trip each morning when I get ready to leave for class. She starts rubbing up against my shins, pouncing on her brother and sister, performing extreme acts of cuteness that in general are intended to keep me at home with her. Believe me, after this week, I'll start posting more photos again.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog