Saturday, May 24, 2014

Meet Zipper's New Sister

Her name is Sophie and she is a complete goofball. I'd like to say she's the kind of dog who will fetch a soda from a fridge for me; who can catch a frisbee mid-air; who leaps into swimming pools and off lake piers with complete joyous abandon. She can sit on command "when she feels like it." I have no idea what she'd do around a body of water since we live in the arid southwest. You would think light drizzle would melt her toe pads off, based on her tiptoeing around the dry edge of the patio. She is excellent at nibbling her own back foot like corn on the cob. She looks dashing in a bandana and dressed up as a cowgirl for Halloween.
She loves eating dried sweet potatoes that I bake for her each week. Her best friend is my parents' dog Guapo, who has three legs and lives in Albuquerque.
As you can see, she makes us laugh.

My parents, incidentally, never call her by name. My mom calls her Tofu. My dad calls her Taco. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I'll have to work on that frisbee thing.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog