Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Favorite Thing: Veggie Pho

So... One of our staples (summertime, flu season, and any time at all!) is an entirely vegetarian version of pho-- (only the best noodle soup ever!). Here are some mouth-watering snaps from last weekend's batch.

This one's mine (needs just a little more cilantro and lime). The jalapeno is the first crop from our garden (pictured on previous post):



And this is the tricked out version my partner fixes. Nothing like a crisp salad in a bowl of soup!

In less than vegan news, trying to tap into my inner Barefoot Contessa, I improvised a pair of quiche recipes for breakfast. I felt sooo Ina-y rolling my french rolling pin over the top edges of the pie dough to trim it. Here's my spinach-feta and broccoli-cheddar quiches patterned after my favorite bakery cafe's offerings:

I'm salivating... more later.

2 comments:

Dr. J said...

Once again delicious offerings and the most beautiful shots of them.

Z said...

we aim to please! Hey.. post pictures on your blog!

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog