Saturday, July 7, 2007

Favorite New Discovery: Patrick Daughters

Departing from my focus on foodiness, I have to write about music video director Patrick Daughters (who was born the same year as me.. what have I been doing with my life?!), who I had to look up after linking to Feist's video for 1 2 3 4 (see side bar). It's so cool that this one dude has directed videos for several of my current favorite songs by several of my favorite singers like "Maps" by the amazing Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Feist's "My Moon My Man" and "Mushaboom":


(Flying Toast!!) It's so magical and cinematic. I can see influences by Michel Gondry whose credits include not only my favorite film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but virtually every one of my favorite songs from Bjork to Kylie Minogue, from the White Stripes to the Chemical Brothers, and Spike Jonze (especially Bjork's "It's Oh So Quiet"). And then it seems like Daughters may have been influenced by Ok Go's wonderful video for "Here it Goes Again" (my favorite is the guy with the navy blazer. At one point he adjusts the blazer with a dramatic flourish). It's not a far leap from treadmill choreography to airport moving sidewalk choreography.

In any case, I love it all, and I had to share it.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog