Saturday, July 7, 2007

Favorite Thing: Panino Caprese a Zips

It's like Insalata Caprese.. with bread.. and avocado. As my cooking philosophy goes: Too much of a good thing is Even Better! I first ate Caprese when I went to college in northern California and worked in a shi-shi (I am being corrected. It's chichi. It's French!) restaurant. Totally became one of my favorite luxury foods. Fresh baked baguette, fresh mozzerella, garden tomatoes, lovely amazing garden sweet basil, and some delicious fruity extra virgin olive oil. (On a budget, Bertolli's is excellent. When being totally indulgent, perhaps after tax returns or something...Lucini's is divine). And one day the clouds opened up and a light shone down from the sky and I thought "avocado would be SO good on this." Must stop. Drooling on keyboard.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog