Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baked Tortilla Chips from Scratch!

(Okay, okay, it's more like Baked Tortilla Chips from Tortillas!) One of our greatest vices in the summer is chips n' salsa-- especially fresh, spicy homemade pico de gallo or a batch of salsa from a local restaurant (that I can buy by the quart in their shop!) with fresh tortilla chips from another local restaurant. We've discovered how shockingly easy it is to bake these at home, and they absolutely fulfill my crunchy chip jones.

Baked Tortilla Chips:

Lightly brush or spray veg oil onto 6" corn tortillas (I'm sure you can use flour, I'll take photos if I do that too)
Sprinkle a tiny amount of fine salt onto tortillas (optional--I used fine popcorn salt)
Stack tortillas and cut into quarters.
Lay these out on a baking sheet & bake @ 350 for 10 minutes, flip them over and give them about 5 more minutes. Watch them carefully, as they burn easily. Then indulge. *crunch*

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog