Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Painting for Bastille Day!

We're finally settling into our new digs, and hoping we can rent this home for more than a year! We finally bought some furniture to assemble and put our tv, albums and books in and on. With this new stab at sophistication, we had a vast expanse of wall behind the tv, and I've been toting this huge (30"x60") unpainted canvas that I bought at a goodwill store for like $3 (with this unbelievable print of a fish that I discarded immediately). With the desire for simplicity and elegance, I drew on my inner Agnes Martin and practiced a great deal of restraint.
I used quite a bit of my titanium white acrylic and some end papers of some old, old books I've been lugging around for this exact use. And then I stopped before I messed it all up. Here's more Agnes Martin, if you're interested. She worked in Taos, NM. I hope to be able to see some of her work in person.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog