Monday, June 22, 2009

Craft News, Finally

Oh yeah! As a promise to myself and to my blog, I finally have some crafting/sewing news to post. I've finally cranked out a couple of cat toys and created myself an ETSY store! All I have right now is my own modified catnip-filled "kitten nunchuck" to sell, but I'm working our a couple of project in my test (craft) kitchen. Here's the first snazzy pair of nunchucks (wind up two cats at once!)
I've got another one listed, but plan to make more catnip-stuffed doodads soon! I'm a little intimidated, though. There are catnip tacos! Catnip fortune cookies! Catnip cupcakes! Catnip pizza! Where can I fit in?

The other project I completed is a new pillowcase for our body pillow. Not that I have anything against it... It just looks like it belongs in a dorm room (picture: red, white, blue, and black graphics with the Union Jack and handwritten font words like Girl! Love! Friends! Rock! Angel! with hearts instead of o's. Zips insists it's a riot grrrl pillow. I think it's more like a No Doubt knock off-- ANYWAY, I have a collection of flannel remnants that have a similar color scheme, and although it's summer and flannel seems too hot, they were really light, not to mention soft, so I quilted together a new pillowcase. Now we have dreamy clouds and pj pinstripes and a little dinosaur block here and there.
It was a much bigger job than anticipated! That pillow is 42" long! I ended up quilting blocks 8"in width (random lengths), into a 44"long strip, then stitching 5 of these strips together. This is only half of it-- hung over a clothesline.
Zips' favorite parts are the dinosaurs.

1 comment:

L said...

Congrats on the etsy store! I have one too, now to just put things in it...

There's always something more to do.

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog