Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Holy Crap! I just made homemade veggie "meat"!!

So perusing Sarah Kramer's Vegan A Go-Go that Zips gave me for Christmas, I came across her recipe for homemade gluten. I've always wanted to try it out (in addition to her recipe for homemade tofu-jerky) In my summertime test kitchen, I decided to try it out, and ALTHOUGH
a) I started at around 11pm, b) didn't have whole wheat flour, so I substitued whole wheat pastry flour, c) didn't knead the dough nearly enough, and d) tried to shortcut the hour of simmering the gluten in spices and broth since it was after 1am, I was delighted at the result:

That's right! This ain't beef! Can you believe it?! When I make it again, the correct way with the correct ingredients, I'll post all the steps and ingredients.

No comments:

Vegetarian Crafty Garden Travel Foodie Kitty Blog